Marketing Matters Episode 2 – June 12, 2014: Featuring Angela Welsh, PR Director of The Life Center of Hernando
On Marketing Matters Episode 2, I interview Angela Welsh, the PR Director of The Life Center of Hernando in Hernando County, Florida. Listen to the entire interview here:
Angela Welsh explains The Life Center of Hernando as “A Non-Profit Organization that takes care of young mom’s and their children who are at risk of being homeless.” They opened up their first residents in 2013 in Brooksville, FL. They have room in their first home for three mom’ and their children, but they’ve helped about 10 families since they started to get on their feet and move on.
They are a 100’% volunteer based organization. They can use help and donations of the following types:
- People who would volunteer their time
- Cash to pay for utilities and other bills
- More locations to shelter women and children – they are having to turn away those in need due to lack of space
- A car for The Life Center to help these mom’s get to appointments, job interviews, schools, etc.
- Volunteers for life skills classes, driving the girls around to appointments while they are still in need of a car, mentoring, handyman projects
- Hurricane Supplies
- Shoes for a shoe drive
This is a very, very worthy cause to get behind. I have donated many, many hours of my own time to then to gain control of their web site and convert it to WordPress for them. It feels really good to donate and help these young mom’s. 100% of the money donated goes straight to the charity.
Marketing Matters Episode 2 Sponsor:
Latest posts by Jerry Boutot, MCAD MCP (see all)
- [VIDEO] How To Secure Remote Desktop On Windows And Safely Access Your Computer From Outside Your Network. - 05/18/2016
- [VIDEO] Introduction To The WordPress Dashboard - 01/02/2016
- How Marketing and Greed Destroyed Black Friday - 11/27/2015
- [VIDEO] How To Create A Simple Advertising Graphic For Website Advertising - 11/19/2015
- 7 Ways To Guarantee Your Great Idea for Software in a Hot Niche Market Will Fail - 11/09/2015